This tour will show you the life stations of Ferdinand Porsche, his family and the family Piech. We
will show you the single steps in order to become one of the most important car producers in the
world. You will see the innovations, creations and all the things these families hatte go through to
have this outstanding success. Many times just believing in yourself can be the key to success.
We will then drive over Munich to Salzburg. In Salzburg we will see the city in an historical car that was created by Ferdinand Porsche, as well as explore the city by foot. On the following day we will visit the Ferdinand Porsche experience world created by Ernst Piech - called Fahrtraum and will see some of the most important and outstanding cars by Ferdinand Porsche.
We will also experience a drive in one of them through the northern lake district area and see the hanger7 (red bull &vintage airplanes and formula1
Ferdinand Porsche was a great innovator. He has participated at the University of Vienna during
many lectures and worked at the Lohner Motorenwerke where he invented the first hub engine
(such a thing is still used by the NASA, etc). He then moved to Austro Daimler and won many reliable races and many prices.
After the first world war he developed primarily sport & cars and moved to Steyr and to Mercedes
Benz in Stuttgart wer he became part of the board of administration. After giving up the job at
Mercedes Benz he opened up his own creation and design studio in Stuttgart and worked for many
famous car brands. He was many responsible for the development of the VW beetle that became a
symbol of the german economical wonder after the second world war. Experten the innovation and ideas of Ferdinand Porsche and see his developments. Experience the family Piech, that was always an important partner on the side of Ferdinand Porsche and his children. You will also experience many nice locations, cities and driving experience, as well as the best that mother nature created in the area of Austria.
This tour offers the perfect mix between culture, nature, car museums and the innovations of
Ferdinand Porsche and the legendary Family Piech.
We offer the tour as described above, however we are focusing on tailor-made tours and therefore
this tour will be adapted according to your interest, wishes, etc.
This being said we would suggest the route as followed:
- Tour of the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and the city of Stuttgart.
- Visit of the production site of Porsche AG and transfer towards Salzburg
- City tour of Salzburg in a historical vehicle and walking tour through the city with focus about the family Porsche and the Porsche Holding.
- Visit of the Ferdinand Porsche experience world founded by Ernst Piech, called Fahrtraum and drive with a historical vehicle created by Ferdinand Porsche through the northern lake district area of Salzburg.
- Drive to Spielberg, the Formula1 circuit to experience some Porsche vehicles on the track.
- possibility to continue to Graz
- Visit of the musuem of Gmünd where the first production of the Porsche 356 took place.
- unique experience to drive some Porsceh vehicles over the highest mountain road in Austria, called the Grossglockner to Zell am See.
- See where Ferdinand Porsche is burried and the heritage musuem in Zell am See
- Returning to Munich, with possiblity to see the BMW museum and time to say goodbye.
This tour is created to last several days (ca. 7 days), in order to experience everything in a smooth
and nice atmosphere.
We will show you the innovations, Stories and life situations of one of the most important families
for the car production in Europe.
In case that you wish to spend more or less time in one location, we will be happy to grant that
wish. Also in case that you are having a special occasion, such as a proposal, birthday, or just a
romantic time please let us know in order to send you our proposals or just get surprised.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you on this tour where dreams and innovations